Sunday, July 26, 2009

The miracle of summer

Ok...I'm just going to call it a miracle. Because it will be a miracle when I survive this summer!

I always seem to be holding my breath in May, as if making it until the end of school will mean time to breathe deep and relax. It never turns out that way, but I do the same thing every year. This year is no different. I looked toward summer as a time to be free, to enjoy life. But instead, I feel just as busy as ever. True, we waste a ton of time doing absolutely nothing. It's not really relaxing, but a laziness induced by the unbearable heat. We have not been able to enjoy going to the pool, because Abby cannot go. Even our evenings, usually spent on the back porch, have been shorter because Abby sunburns so easily we have to wait until 8 or 9pm to go out.

We have spent our first summer in Select basketball also. When we signed up, it didn't seem like having practice twice per week and tourney twice a month would be a big deal. But when we throw that in with conditioning camps, doctors, orthodontists, church activities and small group, we have had little time just to hang out with friends or each other.

I know this is a "season" of life. And I certainly realize I am a busy woman because God has blessed me with four children here on earth, a husband who works, and His provision to be able to do things like summer basketball and orthodontic treatments. I'm not complaning! I know that my crazy summer schedule is due to a full house and a full heart.

The start of school really is just around the corner. Summer is short. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment