Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who am I?

A voice cries out,
“In the wilderness clear a way for the Lord;
construct in the desert a road for our God.
Every valley must be elevated,
and every mountain and hill leveled.
The rough terrain will become a level plain,
the rugged landscape a wide valley.
The splendor of the Lord will be revealed,
and all people will see it at the same time.
For the Lord has decreed it.”
Isaiah 40:3-5


Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing.
I Am a Friend of God (performed by Phillips, Craig and Dean)


I am realizing that, every day, I am falling more and more in love with God. I am constantly seeing His hand in my life. Sometimes it is small things, like the close parking space at the store when I'm in a hurry. Sometimes I feel His comfort when I am having a rough day. Then there are days like yesterday, when He just blows me away with His power and mercy.

My youngest daughter was diagnosed with a very aggressive and hard to treat form of leukemia over four years ago. She was 3. Her oncologist did not think she would make it. But she did. In the last year, we have had some troubling test results and realized some of her medication wasn't working 100%, and there is not another med available. Earlier this year, her doctors finally made the recommendation for a bone marrow transplant, itself and very high risk procedure in a child like Abby. It all hinged on one more test...and God showed up. Big. Huge!! Abby's bone marrow was clear of a protein that feeds abnormal cells and makes them grow out of control. Totally clear. The transplant wasn't needed. I knew God's hand was all over that. But what amazed me, floored me really, was yesterday when her doctor called. She had another test last Friday, and again, her marrow is completely clear of this protein. Same kid, now almost 8 years old. Same not-really-working medicine. Huge, powerful, merciful God.

Who am I that this God, who created all, would even pay a second of attention to me? Me...rebellious, wretched, broken. Who am I?

I am His. His daughter, His beloved.

And I am so in love with Him.

1 comment:

  1. How amazing!! It brings tears to my eyes to see things like this. The same God Who parted the Red Sea for His children is still performing miracles today! I join you in praising God . . . He is worthy, and He is mighty to save!!

    ReplyDelete